- 12 rivers, 80 routes
- We provide: canoe-kayak for one or two people, paddles, jackets and containers
- Transport en minibus.
- Conseils, initiation, parking.
- Open from march to october (waterlevel permitting)
AVENTURE PLEIN AIR
Tel. 33 (0)5 53 50 67 71
Fax 33 (0)5 53 51 17 57
The source of the river Vézère rises on the "Plateau de Millevaches" (The Plateau of a Thousand Cows) and joins the river Dordogne in Limeuil. The Kayak World Championships of 2000 where held on the upper part of the river that runs through the department of the Corrèze. In the department of the Périgord (Dordogne) the river flows at a more leisurely pace to allow people travelling on the river Vézère to admire "la vallée de l'Homme" (The Valley of Mankind). We invite you to come and canoe down the Vézère, admiring the many natural and historic sites along its banks. You will be charmed by its cliffs, its greenness and the wild yet calm atmosphere. "Travel back in time, canoeing down the Vézère"!
General information :
- This 192 km long river is a tributary of the river Dordogne..
- Classified Class III and Class IV in the department of the Corrèze.
- 48 km of uninterrupted Class I navigation between Montignac/Lascaux and Limeuil.
Best seasons :
- Canoeing - April to October
- Rafting - January to April
Rafting and rental of canoes and kayaks :
APA apa Aventure Plein Air à at Saint-Léon-sur-Vézère.
Philippe COLOMY is an ex member of the French national canoeing team and holds the state diploma for canoeing and kayaking. He invites you to come and share his sport with his team.