The GIE "Rivières de France", better known thanks to its brand "Canoë France"®, is a group of independent canoe rental companies covering, for more than 35 years, the 14 main rivers of France.
As a leisure tourism provider, the group has always been innovative in the specific world of white water (it is the only existing network and was, among other things, the initiator of the creation of the National Federation of Canoe Hirers(FNPLCK), the only body representing the profession and grouping together about a hundred members).
Thanks to its leading position
"Canoë France®" now offers :
the first canoe application in France
(and probably in the world... !)
Your phone uses Android?
Is your phone an iPhone?
This new App allows :
- to know the nearest canoe river thanks to geolocation
- to discover the specificities of the river, as well as the proposed routes
- to know the nearest canoe base and to access it easily
then during the activity :
- to locate on the river
- to discover the services available (restaurants, campsites, shops...)
- learn more about the river through the remarkable points (monuments, natural curiosities...)
- to locate oneself precisely, in case of difficulty, so that assistance or help can be provided as efficiently as possible
- to know the nearest landing point in case of anticipated interruption (weather evolution...)
Due to the specificity of the activity (gorges etc.) the App does not require a permanent coverage of the telephone networks (preloading of the information)
This App is available for free download on the Apple and Android "Stores
Dedicated to a tourist audience, this App is bilingual (French, English)
Experimental and innovative, this App is intended to be lively and evolving over the years. The 2017 version, already under consideration, will probably be more playful with ranking options:
Who was the fastest on a given course?
Who has done the most kilometres on the network's rivers?
What is my average speed?
My scores and my photos live on social networks...